Friday, November 30, 2012

Baking Soda Scrub


Baking Soda Scrub

Recently, I’ve been on a big natural, healthy living kick and one of the things I’ve discovered along the way, is the incredible – almost miraculous – abilities of Baking Soda. There are tons of uses for Baking soda around the home, but my favorite, by far, is a simple baking soda scrub.

There are two ingredients:

Baking Soda….  And Water.

I don’t really measure these out, usually I just fill a tiny Tupperware container about ½ full with baking soda and slowly add small amounts of water, stirring it in before adding more, until it is a thick, paste-like consistency.

I use this scrub for almost everything in my house. I clean my microwave with it, I scrub my stove-top, and wash pots with stuck-on-gunk. Once I scrubbed the scum off my shower doors – it worked for that, but it did smear the doors quite a bit and required extra cleaning, so I wouldn't recommend it on GLASS. At least not glass you want to see out of. ;)

It is completely natural with zero harmful side effects or fumes. 

You can also make the same recipe and use it as a exfoliating, moisturizing body scrub – it’s great!

I also use plain Baking Soda and sprinkle it on my carpets before vacuuming to deodorize and clean.

(Tip: You can buy a 13lb bag of baking soda at Costco!)



-Emilyanne

1 comment: